Thursday, December 31, 2009
If you want to see a visual history of disk storage, check out this slide show. It's really amazing to see how big the original hard drives were, to how small they are now.
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Data Storage, Data Backup and Storage Virtualization: Walking Through 50 Years of Hard Disk Drive History
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
From the author of the video:
"This is dedicated to all fans of Queen and hey let's not forget about Mike Myers and Dana Carvey of Wayne's World.
No effects or sampling were used. What you see is what you hear (does that even make sense?)
- Atari 800XL was used for the lead piano/organ sound
- Texas Instruments TI-99/4a as lead guitar
- 8 Inch Floppy Disk as Bass
- 3.5 inch Harddrive as the gong
- HP ScanJet 3C was used for all vocals.
Please note I had to record the HP scanner 4 seperate times for each voice. I wanted to buy 4 HP scanners but for some reason sellers on E-Bay expect you to pay $80-$100, I got mine for $30.
I keep hearing parts of the song are out of tune. Keep in mind the scanner and floppy drive are not musical instruments. These are mechanical devices whose motors tend to drift and can cause some notes to be out of tune. "
Monday, March 30, 2009
Do you remember CP/M, O/S 2, MS-DOS, take a trip back down silicon memory lane...
Thursday, January 22, 2009
CNN wants you to send them photos and video of you and your vintage Macs. They also want to know:
- What was your first Mac, and why did you get it?
- How are you using this device?
- Are the computers still as mind-blowing now, and how far have they come?