Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Silicon Valley celebrates Commodore 64 at 25

CNET News.com reports: "I don't want to date myself, but when I was in high school, one of the things I remember was that, among the geeks like myself who hung out in the computer lab, a bit of a culture war was under way. No, it wasn't Macs versus Windows. But Apple was a player in this battle. In fact, it was the Commodore 64 versus the Apple IIe, and while the school had a collection of Apples in the lab that all of us had to use, those of us who had C64s felt like we we owned the superior computer."

I was very interested in the part of the article that referenced the culture war that existed between the Commodore 64 and the Apple II users. It was also interesting to see that Jack Tramiel and Steve Wozniak denied that this culture war ever existed. I personally was a fan of the Apple II.

No comments: